Sumet Singh Gandhi
The Indian School of Business (ISB) is a private business school founded in 2001 and is the first business school in India to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). However, ISB is not accredited by the Indian statutory body, and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as ISB has decided not to apply for its accreditation.
Programs which ISB offers:
Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP)
An incisive one-year program designed for mid-career professionals.
Post Graduate Program for Working Professionals (PGPpro)
A weekend residential MBA program designed for mid-career working executives
Post Graduate Program In Management for Senior Executives (PGPMAX)
Targeted at high-caliber senior executives and business owners, with 10 to 25 years of work experience involving extensive managerial responsibility.
Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
Designed for individuals who have a passion for research and learning and are keen to pursue an academic career.
Executive Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
3-year Doctoral level program designed for working executives
Executive Education Programs
Programs for working professionals that are designed to provide timely learning interventions that help them progress in their careers.
Advanced Management Programs
Exams which you need to prepare for ISB-
GMAT/GRE (TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score required only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level was not English)
GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF ( TOEFL score report, for applicants whose language of instruction at the undergraduate level is not English )
For PGPpro, PGPMAX, EEP, AMP
How to prepare for these exams-
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) tests you across various skills, but can primarily be split into 4 different sections: Verbal, Quant, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing. The best method to understand what the GMAC is testing you on is to take a ‘Diagnostic Test’. Mock tests will enable you to understand the overall context of the subject areas involved in the GMAT. And your score should be 720.
GRE exam has two test formats – GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test. The GRE syllabus is different for each.
GRE General Test:
General Test is the standard exam that tests students’ verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills.
GRE Subject Test:
For more specific courses a GRE Subject Test may be required by the college, as the GRE Subject Test focuses on judging the candidate’s expertise in specific fields.
CAT syllabus 2021 can be divided into three sections: Quantitative Ability (QA); Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC).
Eligibility for PGP
● The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline
● The candidate must have at least 24 months of full-time post-qualification work experience as of March 31 of that year.
● Valid GMAT/GRE score
● GMAT (TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score required only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level was not English)
● There are 2 stages that a candidate goes through before getting selected for the MBA Programme.
● Candidates are required to appear for the GMAT/GRE exam. Candidates are shortlisted based on their performance in the exam.
● The shortlisted candidates are called for a round of Personal Interview. Based on their performance in the interview the selected candidates are offered a seat at ISB.
ISB Final Placement
● ISB Placements 2019 (FINAL): Avg. CTC/Package For PGP Touches New High Of Rs 25 Lacs.
● The One Year MBA (PGP) Class of 2019 at the Indian School of Business (ISB) secured an average salary/package of Rs 25.09 Lakh per Annum (LPA) in placements, the highest ever received so far by any cohort at the school . This
The writer is CEO, CATKing Educare