Organized online, the event will take place from May 26 to 30. The tireless actor will have to decide between the 9 films in competition.
After an eventful departure from Beaune, the detective film festival will itch in Reims from 2022. In full swing, and especially constrained by the health crisis, the organization of the event has chosen to relocate the edition of this year online, May 26-30. Apart from the absence of human contact, the festivities will take place as usual: each screening has limited places and a jury will be responsible for deciding between the films in the running.
This will be directed by Jacques Weber. “Who better than him, a great man of theater, cinema and action, with more than 100 roles to his credit, to chair this crisis squad?», Specifies the direction of the festival in a press release. The actor is no stranger to the meeting, he had already supervised the jury of the Sang Neuf selection during the 2017 edition in Beaune. This time, he will be accompanied by the actors Dali Benssalah, Pascale Arbillot and Anne Parillaud, the directors Lucas Belvaux and Jean-Paul Salomé, the journalist Laurent Chalumeau and the novelist and screenwriter Négar Djavadi.
It is already possible to get the precious sesames to attend the event on the internet. A festival pass including access to the 21 selected feature films is on sale for 40 euros. The spectators will also be able to pay for the screenings individually by counting 5 euros per film.
Find the films in competition for this 38th edition of the detective film festival:
- Berlin Alexanderplatz by Burhan Qurbani (Germany)
- Black Box by Yann Gozlan (France)
- Deliver Us From Evil by Hong Won-chan (South Korea)
- Tehran Law by Saeed Roustaee (Iran)
- Storia di Vacanze by Damiano & Fabio d’Innocenzo (Italy, Switzerland)
- The Mayor of Rione Sanita by Mario Martone (Italy)
- The Slaughterhouse by Abbas Amini (Iran)
- Unidentified by Bogdan George Apetri (Romania)
- Watch List by Ben Rekhi (United States, Philippines)